[R-meta] About meta-regression analysis

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (NP) wo||g@ng@v|echtb@uer @end|ng |rom m@@@tr|chtun|ver@|ty@n|
Mon Dec 11 10:26:44 CET 2023

Dear Nick,

One does not have to manually change a categorical moderator into a numerical one to examine interactions. Of course, categorical moderators are represented in a model in terms of numerical variables (typically via a set of dummy variables), but R can handle all of this encoding for you automatically. Here is an example with two categorical variables, one consisting of two levels, the other with three levels:

https://www.metafor-project.org/doku.php/tips:multiple_factors_interactions