[R-meta] contour enhanced funnel plots when using function of sample size

Brendan Hutchinson Brend@n@Hutch|n@on @end|ng |rom @nu@edu@@u
Tue May 24 10:46:53 CEST 2022

Dear mailing list,

I have a question regarding funnel plots with the funnel() function in metafor. I've done a brief search of the archive but could not spot whether this has been addressed, but if it has I do apologise!

My question is specifically whether there is a means of generating a contour enhanced funnel plot with pseudo confidence regions when using a function of sample size on the y axis. According to the R documentation, this isn't possible. I wanted to ask if anyone knew of any means to achieve this or perhaps a workaround (unless this is some inherent issue to the use of a function of sample size that I'm not seeing).

Thanks so much!
Brendan