[R-meta] Calculating odds ratios in bivariate meta-analysis.

Olina Ngwenya o||n@@ngweny@ @end|ng |rom m@nche@ter@@c@uk
Mon Mar 21 12:01:03 CET 2022

Thank you Wolfgang, well understood.

Regards

Olina

-----Original Message-----
From: Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP) <wolfgang.viechtbauer using maastrichtuniversity.nl>
Sent: 21 March 2022 10:54
To: Olina Ngwenya <olina.ngwenya using manchester.ac.uk>
Cc: r-sig-meta-analysis using r-project.org
Subject: RE: [R-meta] Calculating odds ratios in bivariate meta-analysis.

Hi Olina,

escalc() is a function to compute various outcome measures / effect sizes. How these are used in further analyses is an entirely different issue. For example, in this example, a bivariate model is used with log odds as outcomes computed with escalc():

https://www.metafor-project.org/doku.php/analyses:vanhouwelingen2002