[R-meta] Questions about the use of metaprop for the pooling of proportions

Dr. Gerta Rücker ruecker @end|ng |rom |mb|@un|-|re|burg@de
Tue Mar 8 23:06:47 CET 2022

Hi Wolfgang,

Thank you! Indeed I just saw that the ML estimate under the binomial
model and the assumption of homogeneity gives (sum r_i)/(sum n_i). In
fact this seems equivalent to logistic regression. Probably it works
also under the multinomial model, I didn't write this down. I admit that
I never had thought about this :(

Best,

Gerta

--

Dr. rer. nat. Gerta Rücker, Dipl.-Math.

Guest Scientist
Institute of Medical Biometry and Statistics,
Faculty of Medicine and Medical Center - University of Freiburg

Zinkmattenstr. 6a, D-79108 Freiburg, Germany

Mail:     ruecker using imbi.uni-freiburg.de
Homepage: https://www.uniklinik-freiburg.de/imbi-en/employees.html?imbiuser=ruecker