[R-meta] rma.mv only for better SEs

Simon Harmel @|m@h@rme| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jan 31 21:39:44 CET 2022

Oh, all I knew was that ordinary multilevel estimates of fixed effect are
obtained via empirical Bayes (eb) and have the following algebraic relation
to their OLS counterparts.

Is there any reference that explains the nature of these weights and refers
to them as "weights"?

Beta_eb = Lambda * Beta_ols + (1 - lambda) * grand mean

where Lambda = Heterogeneity_betw. /  [Heterogeneity_betw. + (residual var.
/ n_clusters)]