[R-meta] How to use superscript in the forest plot (package 'meta')?

Antonello Preti @ntov|r@| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jan 31 21:05:48 CET 2022

Dear all, I would like to use superscript in the forest plot (package
'meta'). Essentially, I would like to plot a graph as in Lancet, with
Author, (year), and the numeric reference attached to the (year) in
superscript.
I've tried various combinations of ^ with no result.

The best solution so far is with this:

dat1$Study<- lapply(dat1$Study, trimws) ### to eliminate blank space at the
end of the string of the Author, (year)

studlab=paste(dat1$Study,dat1$a)

However, this is not a good solution, since the numeric reference is not in
superscript.

Any solution?

Thank you in advance.
Antonello