[R-meta] Dear Wolfgang

Thu Jan 27 19:53:18 CET 2022

Dear Juhyung,

Briefly, I am not aware of any proper evidence based guidelines for such a threshold. You sometimes see people mention that there should be 5 or 10 studies per moderator, but these are just heuristics. One could do a proper power analysis if one is worried about false negatives. See

https://www.jepusto.com/publication/power-approximations-for-dependent-effects/

for some recent work that might be applicable to your case (since your post implies that you are dealing with a more complex data structure).