[R-meta] aggregating effect sizes

Mon Jan 10 12:57:16 CET 2022

Dear Filippo,

If you are asking about what is described in Box 24.1, then the answer is yes, if you use struct='CS' (which is the default) and 'weighted=FALSE' -- the default in aggregate() is to compute a weighted average, but Borenstein et al. only give the equations for computing an unweighted average and its sampling variance (but since the sampling variances of the two estimates that are being aggregated in the book example are the same, whether one uses weighted=TRUE or FALSE makes no difference). You can also find the corresponding code here:

https://wviechtb.github.io/meta_analysis_books/borenstein2009.html#24)_Multiple_Outcomes__Time-Points