[R-meta] Meta-analysis of meta-analyses

Gladys Barragan-Jason g|@dou86 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Feb 2 20:28:52 CET 2022

Thanks a lot for those helpful responses!
Best,
Gladys

Le mer. 2 févr. 2022 à 14:54, James Pustejovsky <jepusto using gmail.com> a
écrit :

> I wonder about exactly this question for most of the second-order
> meta-analyses that I have seen. Beyond issues of statistical dependence,
> SOMA tend to further conceal heterogeneity of effects. Averaging together
> averages makes it that much harder to understand the extent to which effect
> sizes vary across studies.
>
> > On Feb 2, 2022, at 4:37 AM, Dr. Gerta Rücker <
> ruecker using imbi.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
>
> > But you could easily identify the overlapping studies, couldn't you? Why
> not simply do a first-order meta-analysis of the union set of all studies
> found?

Gladys Barragan-Jason, PhD.  Website
<https://sites.google.com/view/gladysbarraganjason/home> / Site web
<https://sites.google.com/view/frgladysbarragan-jason/accueil>

Station d'Ecologie Théorique et Expérimentale (SETE)

CNRS de Moulis

[image: image.png][image: image.png]