[R-meta] Meta-analysis of meta-analyses

James Pustejovsky jepu@to @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Feb 2 14:54:15 CET 2022

I wonder about exactly this question for most of the second-order meta-analyses that I have seen. Beyond issues of statistical dependence, SOMA tend to further conceal heterogeneity of effects. Averaging together averages makes it that much harder to understand the extent to which effect sizes vary across studies.