[R-meta] Bivariate generalized linear mixed model with {metafor}

Mon Oct 18 18:31:23 CEST 2021

Dear Arthur,

rma() does not fit generalized linear mixed models -- rma.glmm() does. I don't have the time right now to dig into those papers to figure out what specific model they are suggesting. In this context, many different models have been suggested; see, for example:

Jackson, D., Law, M., Stijnen, T., Viechtbauer, W., & White, I. R. (2018). A comparison of seven random-effects models for meta-analyses that estimate the summary odds ratio. Statistics in Medicine, 37(7), 1059-1085. https://doi.org/10.1002/sim.7588

(and this is not even an exhaustive list). The paper also indicates how these models can be fitted, either with metafor::rma.glmm() or one can do this directly with lme4""glmer().