[R-meta] Forest code error in multivariate analysis Metafor

Ayesha Sadozai @@@d6836 @end|ng |rom un|@@ydney@edu@@u
Fri Oct 15 04:11:05 CEST 2021

Dear All and Wolfgang,

My research looks at seven paediatric executive function domains (working memory, response inhibition, attention, set switching, set shifting, fluency and planning) across a range of neurodevelopmental disorders in 78 studies. These disorders include ADHD, Autism, Tourettes, FASD and Learning disorders. My data looks at executive function (EF) measures that load on the 7 areas. I have established that the codes needed are come under the rma.mv analysis and have started to run a few analyses.

I am running  codes on my sample that has a 2 multilevel structure, see codes below (1st is initial analysis and second is including a moderator analysis)
1. res.ml <- rma.mv(yi, vi, random = ~ 1 |`Study No.`, data=ASDvsADHD_Control_Clean,slab=paste(ASDvsADHD_Control_Clean$`Study_Year`,sep=""))
print(res.ml, digits=3)
forest(res.ml)

2. res <- rma.mv(yi, vi, random = ~ 1 |`Study No.`, mods=`EF_Domain_No`, data=ASDvsADHD_Control_Clean, slab=paste(ASDvsADHD_Control_Clean$`Study_Year`,sep=""))
print(res, digits=3)
forest(res)

When I run this I get this error, Error in UseMethod("forest") :
  no applicable method for 'forest' applied to an object of class "c('rma.mv', 'rma')"

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here and I have tried to read to manual to see where my error could be, any assistance is appreciated 😊

Kind Regards,
Ayesha Sadozai | PhD Candidate
Autism Clinic for Translational Research, Brain and Mind Centre
THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
94 Mallett St<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/n7WuC0YKPvipGkj0SwhSEc?domain=google.com> | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
E asad6836 using uni.sydney.edu.au<mailto:marilena.demayo using sydney.edu.au>  | W sydney.edu.au<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/8qnyCgZ0N1iDAq85toeIeb?domain=sydney.edu.au/>   | P 02) 9351 0507 | Wed-Fri only