[R-meta] Extracting pooled rma.mv model summary statistics after multiple imputation

Thomas Swanton thom@@@@w@nton @end|ng |rom @ydney@edu@@u
Fri Oct 15 02:01:35 CEST 2021

Dear colleagues,

Is anyone able to help me understand how to extract pooled rma.mv model summary statistics after applying multiple imputation using mice please?

I am conducting a three-level mixed effects multiple meta-regression using the rma.mv function in metafor, and have applied multiple imputation using mice following the instructions available here: https://www.metafor-project.org/doku.php/tips:multiple_imputation_with_mice_and_metafor

I have the table of pooled model coefficients as in the worked example, but I haven't been able to work out how to extract pooled model summary statistics (e.g., tau-squared, Q statistic).

Are you able to help me understand how to pool them across all the imputed datasets please?

Many thanks,
Tom

Thomas Swanton, PhD Candidate
School of Psychology, The University of Sydney, Australia
thomas.swanton using sydney.edu.au

Tom Swanton | PhD Candidate and Research
 Assistant

The University of Sydney

Faculty of Science, School of Psychology, Brain & Mind Centre, Gambling Treatment & Research Clinic

Rm 204, Level 2, 94 Mallett St, Camperdown | NSW | 2050

+61 432 891 501

thomas.swanton using sydney.edu.au | sydney.edu.au

Twitter: @TomSwanton |
 ResearchGate: researchgate.net/profile/Thomas-Swanton

Editorial Assistant, International Gambling Studies

We acknowledge the tradition of custodianship and law of the Country on which the University
 of Sydney campuses stand. We pay our respects to those who have cared and continue to care for Country.

CRICOS 00026A

This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.