[R-meta] Formula SD in metafor package

Thu Oct 14 14:51:16 CEST 2021

Dear Emmelie,

Please post in plain text. HTML emails can get wrangled up, as you can see below with some symbols not displaying correctly.

One of the nice things about open-source software is that you can always check the code yourself (well, at least if you can make sense of the spaghetti code I write ...). For example, the part you are asking about is here:

https://github.com/wviechtb/metafor/blob/master/R/escalc.r#L1787

And in particular the line:

sddi <- sqrt(sd1i^2 + sd2i^2 - 2*ri*sd1i*sd2i)

answers your question.