[R-meta] foreign characters in R

Teresa Luther Tere@@@Luther @end|ng |rom gmx@de
Wed Oct 6 10:15:53 CEST 2021

Hello everyone,

As I have not been very lucky finding a strategy to solve my issue with entering author names, I thought I would give it a try and ask here.

I am working with the software OpenMeta Analyst (methods are implemented in R programming language) and everything analysis-rated has work out perfectly so far, but now I have an issue with entering author names that contain foreign characters such as the turkish c (ç). I am able to enter the names, but the letters are dropped in the respective forest plots.

Perhaps someone has worked with the software before and has advice for me. I am quite familiar with R and I know that there are some tricks how to make R accept foreign characters, but I am having trouble handling this in OpenMeta Analyst.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks a lot and best wishes,
Teresa