[R-meta] rma.mv for studies reporting composite of and/or individual subscales

Timothy MacKenzie |@w|@wt @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Nov 24 17:09:32 CET 2021

I may have misspecified your suggested subgroup-ish model in my
previous email, I think the model could have been:

rma.mv(es ~ reporting:X1, vi, random = list(~1| study, ~ reporting |
obs), struct = "DIAG", subset = include == "yes")

Regardless, one possible downside to the subgroup model in my data is
that it becomes a bit subjective how to treat studies that both
provide separate subscales and one composite subscales results. One
can use only their subscales and exclude their composite part or vice
versa. Thus, such subjectivity may have a bearing on the results of
the model estimates for each subgroup depending on how one treats (c)
studies referenced in my first email.

Thanks,
Tim M