[R-meta] multivariate meta-analysis assuming the correlation

Filippo Gambarota ||||ppo@g@mb@rot@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Nov 6 20:16:47 CET 2021

Hi,
I'm trying to do a multivariate meta-analysis without knowing the full
variance-covariance matrix for the effects. So I would like to create
a covariance matrix like in Berkley et al. (1988) example on metafor.
I'm wondering if creating a matrix with all off-diagonal elements the
covariance computed as: rho(assumed) * v1 * v2 is the same as fixing
the rho value within the rma.mv function to my assumed correlation.
Thank you!

--
Filippo Gambarota