[R-meta] Why does rma.mv does not show the same results as robumeta?

Sun May 23 18:34:36 CEST 2021

Dear Cátia,

robumeta uses robust variance estimation. If you want to do the same based on an 'rma.mv' object, you need to use robust() or, even better, the clubSandwich package. See here for examples:

https://wviechtb.github.io/metafor/reference/robust.html

However, the results still won't be exactly the same. There is at least one post in the archives that discusses the somewhat subtle differences. If you go here:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=EN&source=hp&q=site:https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-meta-analysis

you can add some appropriate search strings to find those posts (I believe it was James Pustejovksy that explained this quite thoroughly, so you might want to include 'James' in your search terms).