[R-meta] Comparing Models Using Anova () Error

Jake Downs j@ke@down@ @end|ng |rom @gg|em@||@u@u@edu
Wed Mar 24 02:07:39 CET 2021

Apparently I have two questions tonight.

I keep receiving an error on two sets of models I'm trying to compare using
LRT via Anova command. I am confused why these models won't compare when my
others are.

I'm conducting a 3 level analysis, and as part of my moderator analysis I
am adding a single fixed variable to the original fit, and then comparing
the two models with anova. The original models were fit using REML, but for
comparison purposes I have refit with ML.

There are two sets of models where I get the following error:

Error in anova.rma(rq1.fit2.ml, rq2.age.ml) : Observed outcomes and/or
sampling variances/covariances not equal in the full and reduced model.

Error in anova.rma(rq1.fit2.ml, rq2.dose.h.ml) : Observed outcomes and/or
sampling variances/covariances not equal in the full and reduced model.

Why might this be the case? And how can I fix it?

Best (again),

Jake Downs