[R-meta] multi-level random effects meta-analysis: valid funnel plot & Egger's test?

Jennifer Oser o@er @end|ng |rom po@t@bgu@@c@||
Sun Mar 14 19:19:19 CET 2021

Dear Wolfgang and colleagues,

A query as my collaborators and I finalize a paper that fits a multi-level
model using the rma.mv function (with thanks to this list for advice on a
post a few months ago):

Are there recent developments in research on sensitivity tests for this
type of nested data structure, including valid funnel plot and Egger's test
diagnostics? Our search yielded this post
<https://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/155693/metafor-package-bias-and-sensitivity-diagnostics>
from
2015 that suggested the answer is "no", and we haven't yet found any
more recent information on the topic. Advice is welcome - and if such tests
are not yet available, we'd be thankful for references to published sources
that note this.

With thanks,

Jenny

*Dr. Jennifer Oser*

Department of Politics & Government | Ben-Gurion University of the Negev

Department website
<http://in.bgu.ac.il/en/humsos/politics/Pages/staff/jennifer_oser.aspx>
and teaching website <http://www.jenniferoser.com/>