[R-meta] Subgroup analyses under the multi-level (3 level) meta-analysis model

Sun Mar 14 16:52:12 CET 2021

Dear Saya,

You do not need to create these 'dummy variables' yourself. Just declare the variable that distinguishes the various subgroups as a factor and include it as a predictor via 'mods'. You also might want to read this:

https://www.metafor-project.org/doku.php/tips:models_with_or_without_intercept

It's not focused on rma.mv() (i.e., it uses a simpler model), but the same principles apply.