[R-meta] How to interpret the result of metabias function of the R package meta?

Gerta Ruecker ruecker @end|ng |rom |mb|@un|-|re|burg@de
Tue Mar 2 16:43:27 CET 2021

Dear Safa,

First, the last line of your code should probably read

metabias(MA, method="linreg",k.min=7)

The reason why the test does not indicate significant asymmetry is
probably that there are only 7 studies. Recommendations say that one
should test for funnel plot asymmetry only if there are at least 10
studies (Sterne JAC et al. , Recommendations for examining and
interpreting funnel plot asymmetry in meta-analyses of randomised
controlled trials, BMJ 343, July 22 2011).

Best,
Gerta