[R-meta] Cohen's d in 2-way ANOVAs

David Cicchetti d@v|d@c|cchett| @end|ng |rom @tudent@un|-tueb|ngen@de
Mon Jun 21 15:06:37 CEST 2021

Hello everyone,

I am conducting a meta analysis for the first time and for some papers
I need to calculate the wanted effect sizes (Cohen's d) of main
effects and interactions of 2x2 repeated measures ANOVAs.
Unfortunately, I have found barely information about how to do this so
far (actually only for one-way ANOVA).

Is it possible to do this only with F-values, degrees of freedom or
directly from (partial) eta squared (as often reported)? Thus,
assuming we have no information of means, MSE, etc.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
David