[R-meta] Studies with more than one control group

Jack Solomon kj@j@o|omon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jul 21 17:56:08 CEST 2021

Oh sorry, yes they are simply labels (I thought all ID variables are
labels). In our case, none of the control groups are waitlist groups.
Basically, due to the criticisms in the literature regarding the definition
of the control groups, some newer studies have included two "active"
control groups (one doing X, the other doing Y) and then they benchmark
their treated groups against both these control groups to show that doing X
vs. Y has no bearing on the final result.

I hope my clarification helps,
Thanks again,
Jack