[R-meta] SEM of correlational meta-analytic data?

Gladys Barragan-Jason g|@dou86 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jan 18 09:00:10 CET 2021

Dear Wolfgang,
Thanks for your helpful reply. Actually I am not (randomly) assuming the
causality. For instance, most of the correlational studies I included in
the meta-analysis (from which I extracted Pearson correlations) also
performed a SEM showing that Human-nature connectedness mediates the
effect. Would reporting how many papers actually report such causation
and/or making a meta-analysis on the extracted beta would make more sense?
For the latter possibility, another problem is that the number of
moderators included in the the SEM would differ between studies...
What do you think?
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Best,
Gladys

Le dim. 17 janv. 2021 à 12:11, Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP) <
wolfgang.viechtbauer using maastrichtuniversity.nl> a écrit :

> Dear Gladys,
>
> Inferring causality from observational data is tricky business. SEM (with
> primary data) or meta-analytic structural equation modeling (MASEM) does
> not magically allow us to do so just by fitting some model.
>
> But if you want to do MASEM, then the MetaSEM package is a good choice. I
> also recently added some functionality to metafor that goes a bit in the
> same direction. See:
>
> https://wviechtb.github.io/metafor/reference/rcalc.html
> https://wviechtb.github.io/metafor/reference/matreg.html
>
> Note that you will need to install the 'devel' version of metafor to make
> use of these functions:
>
> https://wviechtb.github.io/metafor/index.html#installation

Gladys Barragan-Jason, PhD.  Website
<https://sites.google.com/view/gladysbarraganjason/home>

Station d'Ecologie Théorique et Expérimentale (SETE)

CNRS de Moulis

[image: image.png][image: image.png]