[R-meta] Inverting negative correlations

Dr. Gerta Rücker ruecker @end|ng |rom |mb|@un|-|re|burg@de
Wed Jan 6 20:06:17 CET 2021

Dear David,

Yes, this is correct because

Cov(X,-Y) = - Cov(X,Y)

and the same holds for the correlations.

It is important that the wording is correct. For your example, the
interpretation would be that if there is a negative correlation between
social anxiety and extraversion, there is a positive correlation between
social anxiety and intraversion.

Best,

Gerta