[R-meta] Accounting for baseline differences in meta-analysis

Gladys Barragan-Jason g|@dou86 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Feb 2 09:57:58 CET 2021

Dear Gerta,
Thanks for your response. I also realized that most of the time papers do
not report the pre-treatment and/or the pre-control values. Sometimes they
just say that the values are not different but do not report thoses, but
more often they do not measure it at all.  Is there any way to take this
into account?...I am not sure about how to deal with presence vs. absence
of such values in the meta-analysis or whether this just needs to be
discussed as a potential limitation.
Thanks a lot for your response.
Gladys