[R-meta] converting effect sizes from RR to lnRR without original data

Diego Grados Bedoya d|egogr@do@b @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Apr 28 10:52:17 CEST 2021

Dear all,

I would like to convert an effect size from RR to lnRR. I do not have
access to the original data. I just have the effect size (RR), standard
error (SE) and the number of comparisons (N). I read that a direct log
transformation of an RR can lead to an overestimation of the effect size,
thus the authors proposed a correction for the log transformation as

lnRR = ln(RR) - NSE2 x (2 RR2) - 1

However, the formula is not fully described and there is not no further
reference. I was trying to make sense of it but can not get good results. I
wonder if you have some references or thoughts about it?

Thank you in advance,

Greetings,

Diego