[R-meta] overall efect size from subgroup analysis

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Tue Apr 27 16:08:06 CEST 2021

Dear Diego

I think you may find
https://metafor-project.org/doku.php/tips:comp_two_independent_estimates
helpful.

Your data is close to unreadable as you posted in HTML and that becomes
mangled. If you need to re-post you have to find a way to send plain
text. I do not use Gmail but I am sure it is possible.

Michael

On 27/04/2021 08:56, Diego Grados Bedoya wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Several meta-analyses in my field do not report the overall effect size of
> the intervention. For instance, they report  the subgroup analysis (values
> as a percentage change for log response ratio):
>
> subgroup
>
> CI_lower_limit
>
> effect_size
>
> CI_upper_limit
>
> number_comparisons
>
> group_1
>
> -73
>
> -48
>
> -12
>
> 5
>
> group_2
>
> -38
>
> -30
>
> -21
>
> 43
>
> group_3
>
> -24
>
> -15
>
> -6
>
> 73
>
> Assuming a random effect model (and considering that the CI of the
> subgroups could have been estimated by bootstrapping), I wonder if it is
> possible to estimate the overall effect size and the CIs just with this
> information?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Diego