[R-meta] Meta Analysis on interaction effects in different designs

Selma Rudert rudert @end|ng |rom un|-|@nd@u@de
Thu Apr 15 08:24:27 CEST 2021

Hi James,

I just realized I never replied to this, because I wanted to discuss your answer with my colleagues first and then I forgot! So this is very belated, but: Thank you so much for your detailed reply! We decided to go with Option 3, the Integrative Data Analysis, because that was another option we were playing around at that time anyways. The only issue was that due o the difference in designs, we couldn’t accommodate any random intercepts for the stimuli as well as random slopes for interaction terms within that model. Eventually, full integrative data analysis ended up being reported in the supplement only, whereas we summarize Study 1&2 and 3&4 in two seperate analyses in the paper.

The Editor ended up being happy with our suggestion and the paper is now accepted. Thank you once again for your advice!

Best

Selma