[R-meta] prediction intervals in multi-level meta-analysis models

Wed Apr 14 17:54:04 CEST 2021

Hi James,

Indeed, that's what predict() does for such a model (and this extends to models with more levels). There is, as far as I know, no reference for this. The method is just the logical extension of the way prediction intervals are computed for 'standard' RE/ME models (leaving aside the issue of whether to use a critical z/t value and the dfs for the t value when using the latter).