[R-meta] Meta-Analysis: Proportion in overall survival rate

ne gic neg|c4 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 19 14:15:56 CEST 2020

Dear List,

>From time to event data, it's common to calculate a combined HR for
instance from included studies - this I understand.

Does it make sense to perform a meta-analysis of the proportion (%) one
gets from overall time survival e.g. Overall 5y survival? imagine a
scenario where different studies are reporting different proportions of
patients surviving at this time point and I want to report a summary
proportion from all the studies at this time point.

If this is possible, does just collecting the proportion at that time point
e.g. 5 year suffice as the data to use for this calculation? Or what would
you suggest? Haven't seen a package that just takes a proportion.

Sincerely,
nelly