[R-meta] residual heterogeneity in meta-regression

Daniel Mønsted Shabanzadeh dm@h@b@n @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Mar 24 10:11:21 CET 2020

Dear Wolfgang

Picking up the thread once more...Regarding the many studies included in
the meta-regression model (up to 450 studies) I do expect very large Q
statistics and cannot aim to explain all heterogeneity through
meta-regression. Is there a better way to express heterogeneity in this
case? I have read that the tau is a better way, however I am not sure of
the interpretation and what I may conclude regarding the model and
heterogeneity using tau.

Regards,
Daniel