[R-meta] Testing multicollinearity between categorical predictors

Fri Jun 19 17:03:09 CEST 2020

In that case, you can just use vif(). The 'generalized VIF' is only relevant when a factor variable has more than two levels and one wants to compute a VIF that pertains to the whole factor, not just each of the individual dummy variable. But if the factor only has two levels, then there is only one dummy variable, so this is the same as GVIF.