[R-meta] adapting forest plot visual

Gerta Ruecker ruecker @end|ng |rom |mb|@un|-|re|burg@de
Thu Jun 4 11:01:52 CEST 2020

Dear Norman,

To avoid any confusion, I want to add that

- There are the two packages for meta-analysis, meta and metafor.

- Each of them has its own function for creating forest plots.

- Both functions can be called simply using forest(), and this is unique
as long as there is only one package loaded.

- If you have loaded both packages, the function from the later loaded
package is used (because it is first on the search path). To see this,
write for example:

library(metafor)
library(meta)
find("forest")
[1] "package:meta"    "package:metafor"

- If both packages are loaded, you can specify the function you want to
use by calling either forest.rma or forest.meta.

- The arguments I recommended were from forest.meta, not from
forest.rma, and therefore will not (necessarily) work in the other package.

- The same holds for some other function names that occur in both
packages (baujat, funnel, labbe, radial, trimfill).

Best,

Gerta