[R-meta] adapting forest plot visual

Norman DAURELLE norm@n@d@ure||e @end|ng |rom @grop@r|@tech@|r
Thu Jun 4 08:18:26 CEST 2020

Hello again everyone,
I tired to use the arguments that you suggested Gerta, (col.study, col.square, col.square.lines and col.inside),but every time I got the same result, with nothing changed from the original plot,and warnings that read " In segments(...) : "col.study" is not a graphical parameter ".I tried to run the example you gave me though, and it worked alright, even though there were many lines not fitting in the plot I believe, but I could see the different colours for each effect size or for groups of effect sizes.Also, I am working with an object that is the result of using the rma function from the package metafor, and I don't quite understand what difference exists between rma, meta, and robu objects.I used the robu() function to have a result that accounts for the fact that some of the studies I use provide multiple effect-sizes to my meta-analysis, as shown in the youtube video by Daniel Quintana explaining his 2015 article,"From pre-registration to publication : a non-technical primer for conducting a meta-analysis to synthesize correlational data".However, when I try to use the forest function with the robu object it doesn't work.Would you know what exactly differs between these rma, meta, and robu objects ?  I understand that they are the results of different functions, but they are supposed to be meta-analysis results, so in my mind they should have been of the same format, or at least I should still be able to use the robu object in the forest function since the forest plot is the main result of the meta-analysis.
Do you have any advice ?Thank you !Norman

----- Mail d'origine -----
De: Norman DAURELLE <norman.daurelle using agroparistech.fr>
�: r-sig-meta-analysis using r-project.org
Cc: Michael Dewey <lists using dewey.myzen.co.uk>, ruecker using imbi.uni-freiburg.de
Envoy�: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 01:12:06 +0200 (CEST)
Objet: Re: [R-meta] adapting forest plot visual

Dear all, dear Greta and Michael,
thank you for your answers, I am indeed using the function forest (or forest.rma, which gives the same result I think when I look up the documentation through "help") from the package meta.
I use the rma() function from the metafor package to perform the meta-analysis. I have read about the forestplot function from the package named the same, and I tried to use it, but the first plot I got with it was not that nice, so I went back to digging deeper into the forest function from the package meta.
Special thanks Greta for the advice about the arguments col.study, col.square, col.square.lines and col.inside, I was trying to use the argument leftcols, without much success.
Have a nice day !
Norman