[R-meta] question on resolution forestplot in metafor

Mon Jul 6 16:44:01 CEST 2020

The jpg has a low resolution (567 x 566 pixels) and therefore also looks rather grainy to me. Maybe Phota Viewer does some kind of manipulation in how it shows the jpg?

@Frank: In any case, the resolution of a jpg (or png or tiff or whatever plotting device you use) is not controlled by metafor. My guess is that you are not 'properly' saving the plot with the jpeg(...); <code for plot>; dev.off() commands but are doing some kind of copy-pasting from the displayed figure into some other software. That is not how one should save plots to files (and gives you no control over the resolution). See help(jpeg) for how to adjust the resolution and how to save plots to files in a scripted fashion.