[R-meta] question on resolution forestplot in metafor

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Sat Jul 4 17:07:25 CEST 2020

Dear Frank

The jpeg you attached looks fine to me. This may be some subtle
interaction between the software you are using to view it and the way R
writes jpegs. I am opening it in Windows Phota Viewer.

Michael

On 04/07/2020 12:52, Frank van Boven wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a question on improving the resolution of a forestplot in metafor.
> When printing it appears to become grainy.
> I always chose the standard packages (Formula and metafor), enclosed the
> script for the plot.
>
> forest(res, slab = paste(new$Author, new$Year, new$Intervention, sep =
> ", "), xlim = c(-12, 8), alim = c(-4,4), ilab = (new$Baseline),
> ilab.xpos = c(-4.5), cex = 0.75)
> op <- par(cex = 0.75, font = 2)
> text(-12, 7, "Author; Year and Intervention", pos = 4)
> text(-5, 7, "Baselineload", pos = 4)
> text (-5, 6.5, "[ug/g dust]", pos = 4)
> text(8, 7, "Std. mean difference", pos = 2)
> text (8, 6.5,"[95% CI]", pos = 2)
> par(op)
>
> Is there any code known to improve a resolution to 300 dpi needed, or
> additional package to use?
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Frank van Boven