[R-meta] Warning message when using rma.glmm for meta-analysis

Mon Feb 3 18:20:29 CET 2020

Dear João,

Please post in plain text. HTML emails get garbled on this mailing list and are hard to read.

You apparently have the 'car' package loaded. That's fine and won't cause any issues, at least not with respect to what rma.glmm() is doing.

From: R-sig-meta-analysis [mailto:r-sig-meta-analysis-bounces using r-project.org] On Behalf Of Joao Afonso
Sent: Monday, 03 February, 2020 17:16
To: r-sig-meta-analysis using r-project.org
Subject: [R-meta] Warning message when using rma.glmm for meta-analysis

Dear all,

I am conducting a meta-analysis on a binomial variable. I used the
following code

*> pes.glmm=rma.glmm(xi=nlameanimal, ni=ssizeanimal,
data=prevalence_2020_nomv, measure="PLO")*

*> pes=predict(pes.glmm, transf=transf.ilogit)> print(pes)*

A got the following warning:

*Registered S3 methods overwritten by 'lme4' :*

*  method                          from   cooks.distance.influence.merMod
car    influence.merMod                car    predict.merMod
   MuMIn  dfbeta.influence.merMod         car    dfbetas.influence.merMod
     car *

I did get an output for the analysis but would like to confirm that this is
just a warning and has not had any implication on the analysis and
consequently the output. Many thanks for any help.

Wishing all a great afternoon,

--
João Afonso
*DVM, MSc Veterinary Epidemiology*