[R-meta] Funnel Plots for Multilevel Meta

Dr. Gerta Rücker ruecker @end|ng |rom |mb|@un|-|re|burg@de
Sat Dec 12 15:42:06 CET 2020

Dear Valeria,

You find discussion of these issues in the literature, for example:

https://www.bmj.com/content/343/bmj.d4002 (Sterne et al. 2011,
Recommendations for examining and interpreting funnel plot asymmetry in
meta-analyses) - One rule of thumb is that looking at a funnel plot
doesn't make much sense with less than 10 effects.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/jrsm.1452 (Marks-Anglin
& Chen 2020, A historical review of publication bias)

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jrsm.1468 (Page et al. 2020,
Investigating and dealing with publication bias and other reporting
biases in meta‐analyses of health research: A review)

Best,

Gerta