[R-meta] Performing a multilevel meta-analysis

Tzlil Shushan tz|||21092 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Aug 21 02:16:20 CEST 2020

Dear Wolfgang,

Yes, indeed.
It's a computation of a number formed from the original within or between
individuals SD. Therefore, I assume (as Fernando suggested) that the most
reasonable method to choose is the log of the SD with bias correction, then
using multilevel analysis with an extension of robust variance estimation
(considering the structure of my dataset).
Log-transformation was used in the recent studies analysed similar values.

P.S: I know you've already said that you don't have clear suggestions in
regards to this.

Thanks for the assistance!

Kind regards,

Tzlil Shushan | Sport Scientist, Physical Preparation Coach

BEd Physical Education and Exercise Science
MSc Exercise Science - High Performance Sports: Strength &
Conditioning, CSCS
PhD Candidate Human Performance Science & Sports Analytics

‫בתאריך יום ה׳, 20 באוג׳ 2020 ב-21:06 מאת ‪Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP)‬‏ <‪
wolfgang.viechtbauer using maastrichtuniversity.nl‬‏>:‬