[R-meta] Residuals for random effect

Wed Sep 11 09:17:03 CEST 2019

Hi Lukas,

I assume you are after the BLUPs of the random effects. You can obtain those with the ranef() function. So, just do ranef(res1).

From: R-sig-meta-analysis [mailto:r-sig-meta-analysis-bounces using r-project.org] On Behalf Of Lukas Dylewski
Sent: Tuesday, 10 September, 2019 14:30
To: r-sig-meta-analysis using r-project.org
Subject: [R-meta] Residuals for random effect

Dear All,

I would like to calculate residuals for a random effect.  Could I calculate
the residual values after subtracting the predicted influence of the
study?
I would like to get the same residuals value for each study level (in the
model below coded pub).

My model:
res1 <- rma.mv(yi, vi, mods = ~ logmass +
I(logmass^2),random=~1|pub,data=metaan, method="REML")

Regards
Lukasz
--
Łukasz Dylewski, M. Sc.
PhD Student

Department of Zoology, Institute of Zoology
Poznań University of Life Sciences
Wojska Polskiego 71C
60-625 Poznań, Poland

http://ecology1.wixsite.com/farmlandecology