[R-meta] large increase of the QM value after applying robust on rma.mv

Lea BRIARD |e@@br|@rd @end|ng |rom un|v-t|@e3@|r
Tue Sep 3 14:21:26 CEST 2019

Hi James,

Thank you for your answer.
I have tried to run the models with species as the cluster variable. It does help, QM is now = 16 (the other univariate models have a QM between 0 and 2, QM for intercept-only model = 7).

For the structure of the dataset:
I only have a few species with multiple studyID  (6 species with 2 or 3 studyID), most of the time, 1 species = 1 specific studyID.

For this particular (troublemaking) moderator that has 5 levels, I have the following distribution.

Per species

Level 1: 3 species
Level 2: 1 species
Level 3: 9 species
Level 4: 9 species
Level 5: 2 species

10 species with one given moderator value
4 species with 2 different moderator values
2 species with 3 different moderator values

Per studies

Level 1: 5 studies
Level 2: 1 study
Level 3: 11 studies
Level 4: 10 studies
Level 5: 5 studies

16 studies with one moderator value
5 studies with 2 different moderator values
2 studies with 3 different moderator values

Kind regards
Léa