[R-meta] Fwd: How to add the regression line onto Deek's funnel plot

Paul Chang p@u|ch@ng1231 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Oct 23 11:31:52 CEST 2019

To whom this may concern,

I've been learning how to perform meta-analysis of diagnostic test accuracy
(DTA).
I used mada package maintained by Prof. Doebler.
I'm aware that publication bias of DTA is better analyzed with the method
proposed by Deek et al in 2005.
The Deek's funnel plot plots the lnDOR against the inverse of the square
root of effective sample size (ESS).
Test of asymmetry is then conducted by regression of lnDOR with 1/root(ESS).
Please see the attachment "deeks2005" for more details.

Since Deek's funnel plot is not included in the mada package, and after
discussion with Prof. Doebler, I adopted his suggestion that I use funnel()
function within the metafor package to customize what I need to plot Deek's
funnel plot.
I've got so close except for the final step: adding the regression line to
the funnel plot.
I used the Child Behavior Checklist (CBCL) scale in the Chang et al study
to practice.
Please see the attachment for the dataset ("chang_cbcl.csv"), my code
("Deek funnel plot.R") and the results after running in the console
("console.txt").
The regression to test the asymmetry yielded same P-value as in the Chang
et al. study.
Please see the attachments of their funnel plot and mine
("chang_cbcl_deeksfunnel.png" and "myplot.png", respectively).

As I mentioned earlier, I couldn't find a way to correctly add the
regression line onto the funnel plot.
Is there any solution you suggest?
Please let me know.

Thank you very much. Best wishes.