[R-meta] Metafor: Reliability Generalization and Bonett-Transformation

Rupp, Daniel @1d@rupp @end|ng |rom un|-tr|er@de
Tue Oct 22 12:22:24 CEST 2019

I am currently working on a Meta-Analysis of Cronbachs Alphas in Knowledge Tests. I am using the escalc function with the ABT Measure to calculate the alphas and the respective sampling variances. Everything is working out, but I am wondering about the inverse Transformation of tau2 after the rma. Just transforming ist shouldn't be right, since the variance is on another scale than alpha. So i thought about calculating the square root of tau2, conducting the inverse transformation and square it to get a backtransformed tau2. Is this the right way to do it or is there another way?

Best,
Daniel