[R-meta] Outliers in metafor package

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Sat Nov 23 15:10:13 CET 2019

Dear Reza

I think you missed this part of the documentation

"Finally, on the plot of weights, a horizontal reference line is drawn
at 100/k, corresponding to the value for equal weights (in %) for all k
studies."

The influential points marked with a different colour are, I think,
those which are influential on any of the criteria outlined in the
documentation and not necessarily influential with respect to the weights.

Michael

On 22/11/2019 19:57, Reza Norouzian wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm trying to locate my influential effect sizes in my data (fit via a
> weighted *rma.uni* model). I'm particularly interested in the plot of
> the weights. However, I was wondering what the dashed line indicated by
> the red arrow represents, and how exactly the *turquoise-colored* points
> are considered outliers in terms of the weights they have received?
>
> Many, thanks
> Reza
> image.png
>
> --
> *Reza Norouzian*
> Postdoctoral Research Associate | Lecturer
> Second Language Acquisition & Research Methods, Ph.D.
> College of Education & Human Development
> Dep. of Teaching, Learning & Culture | Texas A&M University
> College Station, TX 77843
> Webpage: _https://directory.education.tamu.edu/view.epl?nid=rnorouzian_
> Email: rnorouzian using tamu.edu <mailto:rnorouzian using tamu.edu>
> Phone: (979)-422-7052
> *Future L2 researchers will be challenged not only on the basis of their
> substantive questions, but also on how they manage to answer those
> questions in a methodical manner.*

Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html