[R-meta] Question about obtaining correlation coefficient

Cath Kids c@thk|d@|over @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu May 23 18:17:12 CEST 2019

Hi everyone,

I am currently conducting a meta-analysis on the association of two
variables (bias A & bias B) in high anxiety individuals. Theoretically they
should be related but needs to be verified quantitatively. I used mostly
pearson correlation coefficients. But in some studies, while the two
variables were measured, only their means and SDs were reported.
My question is, is it possible to calculate the correlation between bias A
and bias B with just the provided means and SDs without covariance
(assuming both variables are normally distributed)?

I understand that it is possible to convert *d *to *r ,* but does it apply
to this situation if the two variables are measuring related but different
concepts?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Joanne