[R-meta] [R meta] How to print z score for subgroup analysis

Cath Kids c@thk|d@|over @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 21 00:55:33 CEST 2019

Dear Michael and Guido,

Thank you very much for your reply!
Yes, what I mean is z-scores for the individual subgroup effects. Thank you
for the R command from Guido!
I did report the between subgroup differences but I also see from the
meta-analyses (at least those in my field) report each subgroup effect (z
scores), so I thought I should report that too.

I've got one more question, can anyone please enlighten me whether is it
generally more preferable to use random-effect model for subgroup analysis
than mixed effect model? (as suggested by Cochrane handbook
https://handbook-5-1.cochrane.org/chapter_9/9_6_3_1_is_the_effect_different_in_different_subgroups.htm)
Or is there any circumstance where it is better to use the mixed effect
model? I read a few meta-analyses which used mixed effect model for
subgroup analysis so I'm wondering why.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Joanne