[R-meta] metafor package forest plot query

Sun Mar 10 14:14:57 CET 2019

Hi Martin,

You already got some good suggestions (trying the forestplot and meta packages), but if you want to stick to metafor, you can use:

forest.default()

where the 'col' argument allows you to change the color of the points and CI lines. You then have to use addpoly() to add the summary polygon yourself. For example:

library(metafor)

yi <- c(.2, .5, .8)
vi <- c(.1, .1, .1)
res <- rma(yi, vi)

forest(res)

### this is the same thing
forest(yi, vi, ylim=c(-1.5,6))
abline(h=0)
addpoly(res, row=-1)

### now change colors
forest(yi, vi, ylim=c(-1.5,6), col="blue")
abline(h=0)
addpoly(res, row=-1, col="blue")