[R-meta] Funnel Plot

Guido Schwarzer @c @end|ng |rom |mb|@un|-|re|burg@de
Wed Feb 27 13:23:57 CET 2019

Am 27.02.19 um 13:10 schrieb Martin Bauer:

> Hi there,
> I am not quite sure, if this funnel plot is symmetrical and if there
> are any bias. [...]

I would suggest that you have a look at Sterne et al. (2011).

According to the recommendations, you could conduct a linear regression
test for funnel plot asymmetry, e.g., using regtest() in R package
*metafor* or metabias() in *meta*.

Best wishes, Guido

Reference: Sterne JAC, Sutton AJ, Ioannidis JPA, Terrin N, Jones DR, Lau
J, et al. Recommendations for examining and interpreting funnel plot
asymmetry in meta-analyses of randomised controlled trials. BMJ.
2011;343(jul22 1):d4002.

--
Dr. Guido Schwarzer
Institute of Medical Biometry and Statistics,

Postal address: Stefan-Meier-Str. 26, D-79104 Freiburg

Phone: +49/761/203-6668
Mail: sc using imbi.uni-freiburg.de
Homepage: http://www.imbi.uni-freiburg.de